Statistical Techniques, Design of Experiments and Stochastic Modeling
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after October 8, 2021
Focusing on the importance of application of statistical techniques, Textile Engineering: Statistical Techniques, Design of Experiments and Stochastic Modeling covers the design of experiments and stochastic modeling in textile engineering. The book focuses on the analysis and interpretation of textile data for improving the quality of textile processes and products using various statistical techniques.
- Explores probability, random variables, probability distribution, estimation, significance test, control chart, regression and correlation, ANOVA pertaining to textile area
- Presents step by step mathematical derivations
- Includes MATLAB® codes for solving various numerical problems
- Consists of case studies, practical examples, and homework problems within each chapter
Aimed at graduate students, researchers and professionals in textile engineering, textile and clothing, textile management, and industrial engineering.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 2. Representation and Summarization of Data 3. Probability 4. Discrete Probability Distributions 5. Continuous Probability Distributions 6. Sampling Distribution and Estimation 7. Test of Significance 8. Analysis of Variance 9. Regression and Correlation 10. Design of Experiments 11. Statistical Quality Control 12. Stochastic Modeling References. Appendix: MATLAB coding.
Anindya Ghosh is working as an Associate Professor in Government College of Engineering & Textile Technology, Berhampore. He completed his B.Tech. in Textile Technology from College of Textile Technology, Berhampore (Calcutta University), India in 1997. After that he worked in a textile spinning industry for one year as a shift engineer. He completed his M. Tech. and PhD degrees in Textile Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India in 2000 and 2004 respectively. He is a recipient of Career Award for Young Teacher from AICTE, India in 2009. He has more than 15 years experience in Teaching. His research areas include yarn manufacturing, yarn and fabric structures, modeling and simulation, statistical quality control, optimization and decision making techniques. He has published more than 75 papers in various referred journals. He is one of the authors of the book entitled ‘Advanced Optimization and Decision-Making Techniques in Textile Manufacturing’, published by CRC Press, Taylor & Francis. Bapi Saha completed his B.Sc. in Mathematics and M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics in 2004 and 2006 respectively from Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India. He was Junior Research Fellow at Indian Statistical Institute and completed his PhD in Applied Mathematics under University of Calcutta, India in 2016. He has more than 9 years experience in Teaching. Currently he is working as an Assistant Professor in Mathematics in Government College of Engineering & Textile Technology, Berhampore, West Bengal, India. His research interest revolves around mathematical biology, bio-statistics and stochastic modeling. He has published 8 research articles in reputed peer reviewed journals. He has also published many articles in proceedings of national and international conferences. Prithwiraj Mal is post graduate in Textile Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. He has more than 16 years of cumulative experience in both industry and academics. He completed PhD from Jadavpur University, Kolkata in 2017. He is currently posted in NIFT Hyderabad as Associate Professor in Department of Textile Design. His research work involves comfort, optimization, decision making techniques and product development. He has published more than 20 papers in various referred journals and presented / published many papers in conferences in national and international levels. He is one of the authors of the book entitled ‘Advanced Optimization and Decision-Making Techniques in Textile Manufacturing’, published by CRC Press, Taylor & Francis.