The Antievolution Pamphlets of William Bell Riley
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after October 18, 2021
Originally published in 1995, The Antievolution Pamphlets of William Bell Riley is the fourth volume in the series, Creationism in Twentieth Century America, reissued in 2021. The volume comprises of nine antievolution pamphlets written by William Bell Riley during the interwar years. The pamphlets detail Riley’s antievolutionist ideas and activities, and the book attempts to place the work in the larger contexts of Riley’s career, as well as discussing the pamphlets included. The collection will be of especial interest to natural historians, and theologians as well as academics of philosophy, and history.
Table of Contents
1. Are the Scriptures Scientific?
2. Darwinism; or Is Man a Developed Monkey?
3. Darwin’s Philosophy and the Flood
4. Evolution – A False Philosophy
5. The Scientific Accuracy of the Sacred Scriptures
6. The Theory of Evolution Tested by Mathematics
7. The Theory of Evolution – Does it Tend to Atheism?
8. The Theory of Evolution – Does it Tend to Anarchy?
9. Hilterism; or, The Philosophy of Evolution in Action