Structure, Function, Dysfunction and Diseases
- This product is currently out of stock.
This guide thoroughly discusses all aspects of the aorta, including embryology, anatomy, health, and disease. This highly focused text concentrates on the functions of the aorta, not simply as a pathophysiological entity, but also as a significant prognostic indicator for cardiovascular events.
An essential tool for practicing cardiologists and trainees, this guide:
- covers all aortic diseases, including aortic aneurysms, aortic dissections, intramular hematoma, congenital heart diseases, heritable connective tissue disorders, and aortic trauma
- discusses the aging aorta, aorta and pregnancy, and chest pain of aortic origin
- examines data related to molecular/genetic mechanisms in aortic function and diseases
- presents established and cutting-edge techniques for the evaluationof aortic function and structure
Table of Contents
History. Embryology. Anatomy-Pathology. Physiology-Function. Basic Concepts and Models. Principles of steady and pulsatile hemodynamics. Windkessel and Windkessel-associated models. Wave Reflections. Methods of Evaluation. Local Aortic Properties. Pressure-Diameter Relationship. Echocardiography. MRI. Regional Aortic Properties. PWV (various methods). MRI. Systemic Arterial Properties. Aortic Impedance. Pulse wave analysis. Total arterial compliance. Evaluation of Aortic Wall and Plaques. Regulation of Aortic Function. Baroreflex and Central Mechanisms. Autoregulation. Hormonal Regulation. Endothelial Function. Alterations with Aging / Effect of Gender. Aging. Gender. Alterations in Disease states. Atheroslerosi.
HARISIOS BOUDOULAS is Professor of Medicine/Cardiology (emeritus), The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA. Dr. Boudoulas is also Director of the Clinical Research Center and President of the Scientific Council of the Biomedical Research Foundation at the Academy of Athens, Athens, Greece.
CHRISTODOULOS STEFANADIS is Professor of Cardiology and President of the Medical School, The University of Athens, Athens, Greece. In addition, Dr. Stefanadis is Director of the First Department of Cardiology, Hippokration Hospital, Athens, Greece.