First published in 1997, this volume special feature is its combination of practical and psychological behavioural aspects of leadership, presented in an easy readable style, which is designed for practising managers and for business schools. It proposes a new concept of ‘the learning leader’ and considers:
- How effective leadership adds real value to organizations
- The Skills of foresight and vision
- The impact of leadership on individuals and teams
- Leadership competencies
- A blueprint for the Future – Continuous Leadership Development
The authors combine academic knowledge with practical experience. Alan Hooper was a senior military officer with the Royal Marines and is now Director of the Centre for Leadership Studies at Exeter University, which runs the only MA/Postgraduate Diploma in Europe. John Potter is a behavioural scientist operating as an independent management consultant.
Table of Contents
1. Why This Book? 2. A Review of Leadership Thought. 3. How Effective Leadership Adds Value. 4. The Skills of Foresight and Vision. 5. Leadership and the Individual. 6. Leadership and Teams. 7. Leadership Competencies. 8. What to Do in Preparation for Tomorrow.