The Design, Performance, and Analysis of Slug Tests
Free Shipping (6-12 Business Days)
The slug test can provide valuable information for hydrogeologic investigations ranging from assessments of sites of groundwater contamination to the monitoring of well deterioration through time. Inappropriate procedures in one or more phases of a test program, however, can introduce considerable error into the resulting parameter estimates.
The Design, Performance, and Analysis of Slug Tests, Second Edition remedies that problem by explaining virtually all there is to know regarding the design, performance, and analysis of slug tests. The first edition has become the standard reference for all aspects of slug tests; this revised edition updates the earlier material and expands the topical coverage with new developments that have come to the fore in the intervening years between editions.
- Describes and demonstrates the eight key steps for the performance and analysis of slug tests
- Presents new methods for the analysis of tests in unconfined aquifers and in highly permeable settings
- Expands topical coverage of LNAPL baildown tests and slug tests in small diameter wells
- Includes numerous flow charts that illustrate easy-to-use strategies for selection of analysis methods, and field examples demonstrate how each method should be used to get the most out of test data
- Offers straightforward practical guidelines that summarize the major points of each chapter
Written for practicing groundwater consultants and engineers, The Design, Performance, and Analysis of Slug Tests, Second Edition will enable readers to get more reliable information from slug tests and increase the utility of this widely-used field method.
Introduction. The Design of Slug Tests. The Performance of Slug Tests. Pre-Analysis Processing. The Analysis of Slug Tests. Confined Formations. The Analysis of Slug Tests. Unconfined Formations. The Analysis of Slug Tests. Low Conductivity Formations. The Analysis of Slug Tests. High Conductivity Formations. The Analysis of Slug Tests - Well Skins. The Analysis of Slug Tests - Multiwell Tests. The Analysis of Slug Tests - Additional Issues. The Analysis of Slug Tests — Guidelines. Final Comments. Appendices. References.
We offer free standard shipping on every order across the globe.
- Free Shipping (6-12 Business Days)