This book is fluent and systematic. The authors work through the fears and ambitions of young people new to STEM careers in the professional environment. Often, there is a lack of mentors, which leaves a young STEM practitioner exposed and doubting their own abilities.
This book encourages young professionals and women in STEM careers to know that they are not alone and provides insight into their ability to deal with the stress of developing into a successful professional.
- Presents a method or vehicle to fast track young professionals and women in STEM
- Includes key issues that they should be aware of as they grow and develop in their education and field
- Describes how STEM career women are owners of their own path and provides an understanding of engineering and the business of consulting
- Conveys how young professionals and women in STEM can be aware of their own productivity and enjoy what they do and the career path they have selected
This book is ideal for those new to the engineering, science, and consulting fields, including students in science and engineering education, administrators, libraries, those involved in leadership, organization behavior, human resources, STEM, and other areas as well.
Table of Contents
1. Passion for the Job. 2. Emotional Intelligence. 3. Thinking Strategically about Your Career. 4. Mentorship. 5. Leadership. 6. Authority, Responsibility, and Ownership. 7. Communication. 8. Marketing and Selling. 9. Intrapreneurship. 10. Entrepreneurship. 11. Innovation. 12. Financial Intelligence. 13. Risk and Quality Management. 14. Sustainability. 15. Attracting, Developing, and Retaining Women Engineers and Scientists.