© 2004 – Routledge
Examining environmental issues throughout the world, this reference title contains thorough definitions and explanations of terms relating to the environment. The volume includes detailed maps, an extensive bibliography and a Who's Who section, making this an essential one-stop reference work for anyone interested in environmental issues.
Features of this title include:
* An updated A-Z section of key terms and issues surrounding the environment
* An essay on the environment by a leading expert in environmental affairs
* A comprehensive directory section organized alphabetically by country, listing main governmental and non-governmental organizations, both national and international
* A series of maps showing environmental features both regionally and world-wide
* An extensive bibliography of relevant periodicals
* A comprehensive who's who section of the leading personalities actively involved with environmental affairs.
'This encyclopedia and directory provides an easy-to-use printed reference source covering a wide variety of environmental affairs that are brought together conveniently in one volume.' - Science and Technology
'I have no doubt that administrators, authors and researchers will find this volume useful.' - Environmental Education
'A fine reference.' - Reference and Research Book News
'Many institutions will find this volume a useful companion.' - Royal Institute of International Affairs