The Environment Encyclopedia and Directory 2005
Examining environmental issues throughout the world, this reference title contains thorough definitions and explanations of terms relating to the environment. The volume includes detailed maps, an extensive bibliography and a Who's Who section, making this an essential one-stop reference work for anyone interested in environmental issues.
Features of this title include:
* An updated A-Z section of key terms and issues surrounding the environment
* An essay on the environment by a leading expert in environmental affairs
* A comprehensive directory section organized alphabetically by country, listing main governmental and non-governmental organizations, both national and international
* A series of maps showing environmental features both regionally and world-wide
* An extensive bibliography of relevant periodicals
* A comprehensive who's who section of the leading personalities actively involved with environmental affairs.
'This encyclopedia and directory provides an easy-to-use printed reference source covering a wide variety of environmental affairs that are brought together conveniently in one volume.' - Science and Technology
'I have no doubt that administrators, authors and researchers will find this volume useful.' - Environmental Education
'A fine reference.' - Reference and Research Book News
'Many institutions will find this volume a useful companion.' - Royal Institute of International Affairs