The Fascist Temptation
Creating a Political Community of Experience
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 30, 2020
This book posits new a theory of fascism as a radical political community of experience.
The author engages with a range of thinkers both critical of and inspiring fascism including Walter Benjamin, Albert Camus, Ernst Jünger, Carl Schmitt, Friedrich Nietzsche and Martin Heidegger.
This book will be of interest to scholars of the history of political thought, fascism and Nazism.
Table of Contents
1. Walter Benjamin's Political Phenomenology of Fascism
2. Albert Camus and the Warning of the Nihilist Temptation
3. Ernst Jünger: It is Not What We Are Fighting For, But How We Fight
4. Carl Schmitt’s Community: Friends Against Enemies
5. Nietzsche and Heidegger: From Nihilism to Community of Experience
6. The Fascist Order
David Ohana is a Professor at The Ben-Gurion Institute for the Study of Israel and Zionism at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel, and a Life Member at Clare Hall College at the University of Cambridge, UK.