Unlike many other books on pornography which concentrate on arguments about restricting or not restricting pornography, this book focuses on the production of adult videos. It outlines and examines the industrial dynamics of the industry, its strategies, technological capabilities and organisational structure. It discusses the socialisation of those who participate in the industry, the role of censorship, the nature of markets and the wider cultural impact of the industry.
Table of Contents
2. From Pink Film and Binibon to Japanese AVs: Pornographic Culture in Postwar Japan
3. Production, Regulation, and Circulation of Adult Videos
4. The Production of Tantai and Kikaku
5. Who Wants to Be an AV Girl?
6. AV Girl Job Interview: An Inventive Production Process
7. The Reel Thing: A Lecture on Infinite Female Orgasm
8. The ‘Censorship’ of Japanese Adult Videos
Heung-wah Wong is Program Director of Global Creative Industries in the School of Modern Languages and Cultures at the University of Hong Kong.
Hoi-yan Yau is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Cultural Studies at Lingnan University.