This book explores and analyzes cooperative management and provides insight into how Korea’s consumer cooperatives have evolved and been managed. It focuses on Korea’s consumer cooperative management practices and examines their growth and performance. This book is an invaluable resource for those interested to learn more about the successes and failures of consumer cooperatives.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: Korea’s Consumer Co-operatives (Seungkwon Jang)
2. Co-operative Governance Practice (Ah Young Kim, Young-Jeong Cho and Seungkwon Jang)
3. Gender Perspectives for Consumer Co-operatives (Ah Young Kim and Seungkwon Jang)
4. Price Stability and Asymmetric Price Transmission for Agricultural Products (Minjin Ji and Woosuk Choi)
5. Financing Consumer Co-operatives (Jin-Seon Seo and Woosuk Choi)
6. Consumer Co-operative Brand Identity (Sukhee Youn and Sang Hoon Lee)
7. Member Participation and Productivity Changes (Sunyoung Jung and Woosuk Choi)
8. Consumer Co-operatives and Supply Chain Management (Dasom Kim, Sang Sun Park and Seungkwon Jang)
9. Conclusion: The Future of Korea’s Consumer Co-operatives (Seungkwon Jang, Ah Young Kim, Bo Young Oh and Jihyun Jeong)
Seungkwon Jang is Chair of Department of Management of Cooperatives at the Graduate School of Sungkonghoe University, Korea since 2010. He is the author of books and research articles on cooperative management and organization theory. His other research interests include Fair Trade value chain management and social economy organizations including social cooperatives.
'This edited volume is an important contribution to the literature on co-operatives, highlighting the growing consumer co-operative sector in South Korea. The book sheds light on the important linkages between social movements and co-operative enterprises, from food safety and food security to gender equality. The multi-stakeholder nature of Korean co-operatives places them firmly within the evolving and transformative social and solidarity economy.' — Sonja Novkovic, Chair, ICA Committee on Co-operative Research