The Media Handbook A Complete Guide to Advertising Media Selection, Planning, Research, and Buying
The eighth edition of The Media Handbook continues to provide a practical introduction to the media planning and buying processes.
Starting with the broader context in which media planning occurs, including a basic understanding of competitive spending and target audiences, the book takes readers through the fundamentals of each media channel, leading to the creation of a media plan. Throughout, concepts and calculations are clearly explained. This new edition reflects the changes in how people consume media today with:
- a new chapter on how audiences are defined and created
- reorganization of the media channel chapters to cover planning and buying together
- expanded coverage of digital formats in all channels
- added discussion of measurement
- completely updated data and examples.
The Media Handbook, Eighth Edition is the ideal text for courses in media planning and buying in advertising/communication departments.
Supplemental online resources for both students and instructors are also available. For students, there is a list of key media associations and chapter overviews. To assist in their course preparation, instructors will find lecture slides, sample test questions, and new sample media planning exercise scenarios with accompanying practice spreadsheets. These resources are available at www.routledge.com/9780367775568, under Support Material.
1. Media in the Big Picture
2. Media Objectives and Strategies
3. From Consumers to Audiences
4. Media Terms and Calculations
5. Planning and Buying for Television
6. Planning and Buying for Audio, Print, and Out-of-Home
7. Planning and Buying for Digital
8. Planning and Buying Beyond
9. Putting the Plan Together
10. Evaluating and Measuring Plans and Buys