The Middle East and North Africa 2003
* Covers the Middle East and North Africa from Algeria to Yemen
* Offers quick access to a wide range of data
* Accurately and impartially records the latest political and economic developments
* Provides comprehensive data on all major organizations in the region.
* Introductory essays covering topics relating to the region as a whole including: Arab-Israeli Relations; The Jerusalem Issue; Documents on Palestine; Iraq, Sanctions and the 'War Against Terror'; Natural Gas in the Middle East and Islamic Banking and Finance.
* Individual chapters on each country containing: articles on geography, recent history and economy; an economic and demographic survey using all the latest available statistics on population, agriculture, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, and education; directory sections with names, addresses and contact numbers covering the constitution, government, legislature, judiciary, political organizations, diplomatic representation, religious groups, the media, finance, trade and industry (including petroleum), and tourism.
* Includes all major international organizations active in the region, their aims, activities, publications and principal personnel
* Research Institutes specializing in the region
* Bibliographies of books and periodicals covering the Middle East and North Africa.
'A unique, up-to-date and authoritative guide.' - BBC Radio Review
'There is simply nothing else on the market that provides as much material on each of the countries of the Middle East and North Africa in one Volume.' - Royal United Institute for Defence Studies