First published in 1981: This volume talks about new research understandings of the function of the Pineal Gland which was thought to have no legitimate function.
1. The Pineal and Reproduction in Fish, Amphibians, and Reptiles
Victor de Vlaming and James Olcese
2. The Pineal and Reproduction in Birds
Charles L. Ralph
3. Reproductive Effects of the Pineal Gland and Pineal Indoles in the Syrian Hamster and the Albino Rat
Russel J. Reiter
4. Pineal Involvement in the Photographic Control of Reproduction and Other Functions in the Djungarian Hamster Phodopus Sungorus
5. Melatonin Levels as they Relate to Reproductive Physiology
Harry J. Lynch and Richard J. Wurtman
6. Arginine Vasotocin and Vertebrate Reproduction
Mary K. Vaughan
7. Other Pineal Peptides and Related Substances – Physiological Implications for Reproductive Biology
Bryant Benson and Ielskina Ebels
8. Potential Sites of Action of Pineal Hormones within the Neuroendocrine Reproductive Axis
David E. Blask
Are there elusive titles that you need and have been trying to source for years but thought that you would never be able to find?
Well this may be the end of your quest – here is a fantastic opportunity for you to discover past brilliance and purchase previously out of print and unavailable titles by some of the world’s most eminent academic scholars.
Drawing from over 100 years of innovative, cutting-edge publishing, Routledge Revivals is an exciting programme whereby key titles from the distinguished and extensive backlist of the many acclaimed imprints associated with Routledge will be re-issued.
The programme draws upon the illustrious backlists of Kegan Paul, Trench & Trubner, Routledge & Kegan Paul, Methuen, Allen & Unwin and Routledge itself.
Routledge Revivals spans the whole of the Humanities and Social Sciences, and includes works by some of the world’s greatest thinkers including Emile Durkheim, Max Weber, Simone Weil, Martin Buber, Karl Jaspers and Max Beloff.
If you are interested in Revivals in the Behavioral Sciences, please visit https://www.routledge.com/series/PSYREVIVALS