The Principal's Guide to the First 100 Days of the School Year
Creating Instructional Momentum
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after January 1, 2021
For veteran principals, new principals, and aspiring principals, this book is a critical resource for building instructional momentum during the beginning of the school year. Educational leadership expert Shawn Joseph guides administrators through five key areas: Vision, Instructional Leadership, Politics, Data, and Planning. With detailed timelines, practical advice, and ready-to-use resources, Joseph explains the essential steps to leadership success that will continue throughout the school year.
New to this edition:
- Updated advice to align with the revised ISLLC standards and general updates to reflect the current educational terrain
- Additional sample letters, lists and timelines to aid the busy principal
- eResources with supplemental material
Table of Contents
1. Become the Great Communicator: The Power of a Shared Vision
2. Lead Others by Design
3. Think Like a Mayor
4. Party Like a Data Rock Star
5. Plan Your Work and Work Your Plan
Master Timeline for the First 100 Days
Shawn Joseph is Superintendent of the Seaford School District in Seaford, Delaware. In addition to his experience as an English teacher, reading specialist, assistant principal and principal, he has served as director of School Performance at Montgomery County Public Schools and has been an adjunct professor at George Washington University and McDaniel College.