The Privacy Leader Compass A Comprehensive Business-Oriented Roadmap for Building and Leading Practical Privacy Programs
A Comprehensive Business-Oriented Roadmap for Building and Leading Practical Privacy Programs
Congratulations! Perhaps you have been appointed as the Chief Privacy Officer (CPO), or the Data Protection Officer (DPO) for your company. Or maybe you are an experienced CPO/DPO, and you wonder – “what can I learn from other successful privacy experts to be even more effective?” Or perhaps you are considering a move from a different career path and deciding if this is the right direction for you?
Seasoned award-winning Privacy and Cybersecurity leaders Dr. Valerie Lyons (Dublin, Ireland), and Todd Fitzgerald (Chicago, IL USA) have teamed up with over sixty award-winning CPOs, DPOs, highly respected privacy/data protection leaders, data protection authorities, and privacy standard setters who have fought the tough battle.
Just as the #1 best-selling and CANON Cybersecurity Hall of Fame winning CISO Compass: Navigating Cybersecurity Leadership Challenges with Insights from Pioneers book provided actionable advice to Chief Information Security Officers, The Privacy Leader Compass is about straight talk – delivering a comprehensive privacy roadmap applied to, and organized by, a time-tested organizational effectiveness model (the McKinsey 7S Framework) with practical, insightful stories and lessons learned.
You own your continued success as a privacy leader. If you want a roadmap to build, lead, and sustain a program respected and supported by your board, management, organization, and peers, this book is for you.
Dedication. Foreword. Acknowledgements. About the Authors. Contributors. Chapter Structure. Introduction.
SECTION 1 THE PRIVACY LEADER ROADMAP
1. The Privacy Landscape: Context and Challenges. 2. The McKinsey 7-S Framework Applied to Privacy Leadership.
SECTION 2 STRATEGY
3. Developing an Effective Privacy Program Strategy.
SECTION 3 STRUCTURE
4. The Privacy Organization Structure.
SECTION 4 SYSTEMS
5. Privacy Frameworks, Standards, Certifications. 6. Privacy Risk Governance.
SECTION 5 SHARED VALUES
7. Privacy and Data Protection - Laws and Principles. 8. Privacy Ethics, Responsible Privacy.
SECTION 6 STAFF
9. Forging and Maintaining Effective Privacy Teams.
SECTION 7 SKILLS
10. The Privacy Leader’s Key Skills.
SECTION 8 STYLE
11. Privacy Leadership Styles.
SECTION 9 CONCLUSION
12. Privacy Leadership – Beyond This Book?