This collection brings together insightful chapters which explore diverse student success initiatives and programs in response to challenges faced by community colleges.
Each chapter of the collection magnifies a specific aspect of student affairs to illustrate how dedicated departments and practitioners have effectively supported student success via select projects or initiatives. Readers will gain a deeper insight into the contemporary applications, practices, and impacts of agendas such as the assessment of student affairs and services, student success programming, Guided Pathways, and The Completion Agenda. By demonstrating the meaningful involvement of student affairs practitioners in fulfilling institutional missions and visions, this collection contributes to an overarching dialogue about promoting community college student success.
This collection will be of interest to researchers, academics, graduates, and postgraduate students in the fields of higher education administration, educational leadership, adult education, and lifelong learning.
Table of Contents
- Community College Student Affairs: Student Success Initiatives
- Building student affairs assessment capacity: Lessons from two community colleges
- Designing the Promise: The Salt Lake Community College Promise Program
- Collaborative Impact and Professional Development: Effective Student Services for Immigrant Populations Amid Growing Inequality
- Exploring the influence of LGBTQ+ student services resource availability on student success at two-year institutions
- The Completion Agenda Impact on Student Affairs Practice in Community Colleges
- Elevating Student Affairs Practice in Community College Redesign
- Preserving the Legacy of Dr. Jill Biden in a Post-Obama Era: Implications for Student Affairs Professionals at Community Colleges
Deborah L. Floyd, C. Casey Ozaki, Paulette Dalpes, and Gianna Ramdin
Kimberly Lowry, Dawna Wilson Horton, and Karen Stills Royster
Jason L. Taylor and Chuck W. Lepper
William Watson, Adela Esquivel-Swinson, and Roday Montemayor
David J. Nguyen, G. Blue Brazelton, Kristen A. Renn, and Michael R. Woodford
Patrick W. Gill and Laura M. Harrison
Michael A. Baston
Anne M. Hornak, C. Casey Ozaki, Amanda O. Latz, and Dan W. Royer
C. Casey Ozaki is Associate Professor of Education, Health, and Human Behavior Studies at the University of North Dakota, USA.
Paulette Dalpes is Vice President of Student Affairs at the Community College of Aurora, USA.
Deborah L. Floyd is Professor of Higher Education, Educational Leadership and Research Methodology at Florida Atlantic University, USA.
Gianna Ramdin is Associate Graduate Faculty and Adjunct Professor, Educational Leadership and Research Methodology at Florida Atlantic University, USA.