Bringing together an international range of expertise, this comprehensive Companion to Technology Management is designed to facilitate the development of management frameworks adaptable for a wide range of organizations, as well as an overview of the development and integration of technology in advanced and emerging economies.
Research-based and drawing on a range of practical tools and international cases, it covers the diverse spectrum of the challenges of technology management and how to approach them:
I Fundamentals of Technology Management provides an overview of the fundamental aspects of technology management.
II Technology Planning focusses on technology-driven organizations, government labs and universities.
III Technology Evaluation includes evaluation and assessment, adoption and forecasting through management tools.
IV Technology Development and Transfer includes integration, marketing and intellectual property management.
V Managing Technological Innovations addresses policy, open innovation and technology entrepreneurship.
VI Society and Technology Management focusses on social issues which impact technology and its management.
VII New Technologies and Emerging Regions includes blockchain, biotechnologies and smart cities.
This Companion is an essential comprehensive source of new and emerging approaches for researchers and advanced students in engineering and technology management, as well as professionals seeking an authoritative global reference source.
Part 1 – Technology Management Background
1. Strategy of Critical Technology: A Case of Turkish Industry and Technology Policy
Mert Cihan Tonkar and Tugrul Daim
2. Exploring the Interplay between Digital Business Models and Dynamic Capability in the Pursuit of Competitiveness
3. Innovative Places and Regions: Implications for Technology Management
Scott W. Cunningham
4. IT Driven Service Innovation
Magdalena Marczewska and Marzenna Anna Weresa
Part 2 – Technology Planning
5. Simultaneous Scheduling of Energy Demand and Supply in the Industrial Microgrid
Zeynep Bektas, M. Özgür Kayalica, Gülgün Kayakutlu
6. Where we are and where we want to go: A patent analysis approach towards strategic technological planning
Priyanka Chand Bhatt, Vimal Kumar, Kuei-Kuei Lai, Yu-Hsin Chang and Yu-Shan Su
7. Pioneer or Follower: Which Strategy to Choose?
Aleksej Dreiling and Peter M. Bican
8. Bubble Planning and the Mathematics of Consortia
Jonathan Bard, Boaz Golany and Fred Phillips
Part 3 – Technology Evaluation
9. An Evaluation Model for the Design of Virtual Reality Systems
Yu-Shan Su and Wen-Hua Wu
10. An Evaluation Model of Smart Speakers Design
Yu-Shan Su and Jung-Hsien Hsia
11. Methodological Frameworks for Opportunity Discovery in Innovation and Technology Management
Cristian Mejia and Yuya Kajikawa
12. Technology Assessment and Selection: An assessment of the autonomous driving technologies by using type-2 fuzzy sets and systems
Koray Altun, Recep Kurt, Reyhan Ozcan Berber, Serkan Altuntas, Turkay Dereli
13. Multicriteria Assessment of a Technological Ecosystem: A Multi-Country Approach
Ronnie Figueiredo, João J.M. Ferreira, Helder Gomes Costa and Arnab Basu
14. Multi Criteria Decision Making Methods for Technology Selection
Zeynep Didem UNUTMAZ DURMUŞOĞLU, Alptekin DURMUŞOĞLU
15. Software Assessment for Capacity Planning and Feasibility Check of the Master Production Schedule
Arash Yazdani and Tugrul Daim
16. Technology Assessment and Selection
Nathasit Gerdsri and Pard Teekasap
Part 4 – Technology Development and Transfer
17. Regional innovative intensity in an emerging economy: Analyzing China’s provincial regions
Kenneth G. Huang
18. Understanding Components of Entrepreneurial Ecosystems
Haydar Yalcin, Tugrul Daim, Aynur Kirbac and Marina Dabic
19. The performance of Science and Technology Parks under Triple Helix Systems in Turkey
20. Technology And Entrepreneurship: A Systems And Simulation Approach
Leon Pretorius, Vida Davidavičienė and Jan-Harm C Pretorius
21. ransformation into New Drug Companies: The Perspective of Dynamic Capabilities
Feng-Shang Wu, Chien-Hsien Wu and Ta-Wei Tao
Part 5 – Managing Technological Innovations
22. Co-Working-Ecosystems: Institutionalization of ‘Homes’ for Innovation and Venturing
Yixin Qiu and Ricarda B. Bouncken
23. The New Imperatives of Defense Technological Innovation: Past, Present and Future
Bharat Rao, Bala Mulloth and Adam Jay Harrison
24. Mapping buyer-supplier relationships after the open innovation perspective
Antonello Cammarano, Francesca Michelino and Mauro Caputo
25. Evolution of Collaborative Innovation Strategy for Global Manufacturing Firm Driven by Integrated Modularity Thinking
Haijun Wang and Chaohui Shu
26. Open and closed innovation strategies in converging environments: How the Internet of Things blurs the boundaries between ICT and logistics
Nathalie Sick, Svetlana Okara, Stefanie Bröring and Annika Wambsganss
Part 6 – Social Issues
27. Proposing an Application Model for Personnel Recruitment by Using a Multiple Criteria Decision Making (MCMD) Approach: A Case of Blue-Collar Cashier Personnel Recruitment
Sinan Yimaz Yuruten , Cagla Ozen, Fazli Yildirim, Tugrul Daim and Amir Shaygan
28. Electronic Payment Technology: Developing a Taxonomy of Factors to Evaluate a Fraud Detection and Prevention System for the Airlines Industry
Sultan A ALGhamdi, Tugrul Daim and Dirk Meissner
29. Engaging the Technology Management for Gender Equality
Dilek Cetindamar and Sancheeta Pugalia
30. Creating a Networked Innovation Ecosystem for Industry 4.0
Fatma Nur Karaman Kabadurmus
Part 7 – Emerging Technologies and Emerging Regions
31. Smart Manufacturing: An Evaluation Model for Taiwan’s Innovation Applications
Yu-Shan Su and Yuan-Ting Lin
32. Data Mining As A Knowledge Extraction Tool and An Application On Decision Tree Based Algorithms
Fatma Önay KOÇOĞLU
33. Smart City: An Evaluation Model for Taiwan’s Social Innovation
Yu-Shan Su and Yi-Zhen Cheng
34. Smart Transportation: An Evaluation Model for Taiwan’s Innovation Policy
Yu-Shan Su and Shao-De Liu
35. Energy Efficiency in Smart Street Lighting System for ITU
Eren Deliaslan, M. Özgür Kayalica and Gülgün Kayakutlu
"The Routledge Companion to Technology Management provides a comprehensive approach to the field. Management of technology has evolved substantially over the past years and this companion gives the reader a multifaceted approach to the topic, covering its most recent developments. It can work both as a textbook for graduate courses as well as a guiding source for researchers and practitioners."
Leonardo P. Santiago, Associate Professor, Department of Operations Management, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
"Technology plays a crucial role in shaping societies. This edited volume provides a global and comprehensive review of the challenges inherent to new and emerging technologies and their management. Through a compilation of informative cases, it offers research-based adaptable management frameworks to successfully anticipate, navigate and resolve those challenges. This book is a must-read for students, scholars, thought leaders and policy makers with an interest in technology management and its broader implications for people, organisations and societies."
Anne-Laure Mention, Professor, Director of the Global Business Innovation Enabling Capability Platform, RMIT University, Australia