This user-friendly guide shows school leaders how to use formative assessment to improve both student and teacher achievement. With step-by-step information and practical examples, this book will help you develop better assessments that will transform your school. You will learn:
- The advantages of formative assessment
- When and why to use formative assessment
- How to develop valid and reliable assessments
- How to mimic the state assessment schedule
- How to organize and use data effectively
- How to use data to develop teacher leaders
- The appendix features more than ten pages of handy reproducibles that will help you implement formative assessments immediately (also available as free downloads www.routledge.com/9781596672468).
- A curriculum pacing guide
- A presentation template to explain formative assessment to your staff
- A non-mastery report
- A class item analysis graph
- A class profile graph
- A student questionnaire, and more!
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 - Why Use Formative Assessments?
Chapter 2 - How You Can Use Formative Assessment
Chapter 3 - Developing Valid and Reliable Assessments
Chapter 4 - Creating the Assessment Environment
Chapter 5 - Organizing and Using Data Effectively
Chapter 6 - Transforming the School
Chapter 7 - Final Words of Advice
BISAC Subject Codes/Headings:
- EDUCATION / General