The USA and Canada 2016
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Combining impartial analysis with reliable facts and figures, this fully revised and updated 18th edition provides up-to-date commentary on these vast North American nations.
Essays by leading experts analyse topics of regional importance, including:
- US-Canadian economic integration, immigration, and the media in North American.
Each country is dealt with in greater detail within its own section. Country chapters include:
- a chronology of political events
- essays covering key socio-political and economic themes, including: recent political developments; foreign policy; constitution; the economy; energy policy; agriculture; trade; health and social policy
- additional essays examining timely subjects such as US-Chinese economic competition, religion in US politics and the US Judicial system
- historical, political and economic surveys of each of the US states and Canadian provinces and territories
- statistical surveys of economic and demographic indicators
- comprehensive directory sections covering public affairs, the economy and society, which provide contact details and other useful information for the most significant institutions in the region.
Table of Contents
Part 1: General Survey
Part 1: General SurveyPart 2: The USA 1. Introduction 1.1. The USA: A Chronology since Colonization 1.2. Presidents of the USA 1.3. Area and Population 2. Essays 2.1. Essays on Public Affairs 2.2. Essays on US Economic and Social Affairs 3. Directory 3.1. Public Affairs 3.2. The Economy 3.3. Society 4. The States Part 3: Canada 1. Introduction 1.1. Canada: A Chronology since Colonization 1.2. Prime Ministers of Canada 1.3. Area and Population 2. Essays 2.1. Essays on Public Affairs 2.2. Essays on Canadian Economic and Social Affairs 3. Directory 3.1. Public Affairs 3.2. The Economy 3.3. Society 4. The Provinces and Territories
Europa publicationshave long been regarded as premier reference resources, providing authoritative political and economic data for every country and region of the world, biographical profiles of the most influential global figures in every field, including politics, science, business, academia, the arts and the media, and unrivalled access to information on universities, libraries and other academic institutions world-wide.
Available in print and online, Europa's principal titles, The Europa World Year Book,The Europa Regional Surveys of the World, The International Who's Who and The Europa World of Learning, serve the contemporary research needs of students, academics and information-seekers in specialist and general reference libraries, government offices and commercial institutions in every country.
'A truly valuable and impressive work.' -International Journal on World Peace