The UX Careers Handbook offers an insider’s look at how to be a successful User Experience (UX) professional from comprehensive career pathways to learning, personal branding, networking skills, building of resumes and portfolios, and actually landing a UX job.
This book goes in-depth to explain what it takes to get into and succeed in a UX career, be it as a designer, information architect, strategist, user researcher, or in a variety of other UX career specialities. It presents a wealth of resources designed to help readers develop and take control of their UX career success including perspectives and advice from experts in the field.
- Features insights and personal stories from a range of industry-leading UX professionals to show readers how they broke into the industry, and evolved their own careers over time.
- Accompanied by a companion website that provides readers with featured articles and updated resources covering new and changing information to help them stay on top of this fast-paced industry.
- Provides worksheets and activities to help readers make decisions for their careers and build their own careers.
Not only for job seekers! The UX Careers Handbook is also a must-have resource for:
- Employers and recruiters who want to better understand how to hire and retain UX staff.
- Undergraduate and graduate students who are thinking about their future careers
- Those in other related (or even unrelated) professions who are thinking of starting to do UX work
Table of Contents
About the Author
Chapter 1: What is User Experience?
Chapter 2: Education: Your UX Career Foundation
Chapter 3: Never Stop Learning
Chapter 4: Personal Branding and Networking for Career Success
Chapter 5: Resumes and Portfolios to Illustrate Your Value
Chapter 6: Work In-house or Be an External Consultant
Chapter 7: Independent Contracting or Starting a Small UX Business
Chapter 8: Landing a Job (or New Contract Work)
Chapter 9: Recruiters and UX
Chapter 10: Employer’s Guide (And What Job Seekers Should Look For!)
Chapter 11: UX Career Pathways and Primary Skillsets
Chapter 12: Pathways to UX Leadership
Chapter 13: UX in the Future; Your Career Today