Individual volumes in this set were written by an official College member of the time. Contents of the volumes include:
* a history of the College from its foundation
* an account and history of its buildings
* notices of the connection of the College with any important social or religious events
* a list of the chief benefactions made to the College
* some particulars of the contents of the College library
* an account of the College Plate, windows and other accessories
* a chapter upon the best known, and other notable but less well-known members of the College.