First published in 1978: The purpose of this two-volume series is to present a consolidated and comprehensive reference on oxygen-activated sludge technology.
Table of Contents
Background and Introduction
2. Oxygen and the Bio-precipitation Process
3. Oxygen and the Activated Sludge Process
4. A Summary of EPA Efforts Evaluating Oxygen-activated Sludge
Basic Process Design Considerations
5. Oxygen-activated Sludge System Process Design
R.J. Grader, M.A. Miller, and E.H. Zander
6. Oxygen-activated Sludge Pilot Plant and Treatability Studies
G.P. Breitback, M.J. Stankewich, Jr., and E.A. Wilcox
7. Solid-liquid Separation and Clarifier Design
D.W. Gay and K.W. Young
8. Oxygenation System Mass Transfer Design Considerations
J.R. McWhirter and N.P. Vahldieck
John R. McWhirter is Vice-President and General Manager, Environmental Systems Department, Linde Division of the Carbide Corporation, New York, New York.