First published in 1985: This volume describes the various procedures in Hemapheresis. This a medical technology in which the blood of a person is passed through an apparatus that separates out one particular constituent and returns the remainder to the circulation.
Section 1: Logistics and Methodology
1. Responding to a Community’s Need for Therapeutic Hemapheresis
James L. MacPherson
2. The Hospitalized Patient: Interactions with the Apheresis Team
Christina A. Kasprisin
3. Legal Issues Surrounding Therapeutic Hemapheresis
4. Vascular Access
Gail R. Button
5. Risks and Adverse Reactions Associated with Hemapheresis
Douglas W. Huests
6. Therapeutic Pheresis: Precautions and Nursing Interventions
Jeane E. Blust and Judith Parrish
7. Pediatric Considerations
Duke O. Kasprisin
8. Standards and Practices in Therapeutic Hemapheresis – An Overview
9. Standards for Personnel Performing Hemapheresis Therapies
Susan Klein Wright
Section 2: Technology
10. Centrifugal Equipment for the Performance of Therapeutic Hemapheresis Procedures
Thomas H. Price
11. Membrane Filtration Technology in Plasma Exchange
Robert R. Stromberg, R. Alan, and Leonard I. Friedman
12. Close-Loop Plasmapheresis
Michael J. Lysaght et al.
Section 3: The Clinical Experience
13. Therapeutic Hemapheresis in the American Red Cross Blood Services
S. Gerald Sandler, Glenda E. Sweeney, and Margaret N. Owen
14. Controlled Trials – Necessity and Progress
Gail Rock and Alvaro A. Pineda
Are there elusive titles that you need and have been trying to source for years but thought that you would never be able to find?
Well this may be the end of your quest – here is a fantastic opportunity for you to discover past brilliance and purchase previously out of print and unavailable titles by some of the world’s most eminent academic scholars.
Drawing from over 100 years of innovative, cutting-edge publishing, Routledge Revivals is an exciting programme whereby key titles from the distinguished and extensive backlist of the many acclaimed imprints associated with Routledge will be re-issued.
The programme draws upon the illustrious backlists of Kegan Paul, Trench & Trubner, Routledge & Kegan Paul, Methuen, Allen & Unwin and Routledge itself.
Routledge Revivals spans the whole of the Humanities and Social Sciences, and includes works by some of the world’s greatest thinkers including Emile Durkheim, Max Weber, Simone Weil, Martin Buber, Karl Jaspers and Max Beloff.
If you are interested in Revivals in the Behavioral Sciences, please visit https://www.routledge.com/series/PSYREVIVALS