Traditional Herbal Therapy for the Human Immune System
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after October 27, 2021
Drawing on indigenous and scientific knowledge of medicinal plants, Traditional Herbal Therapy for the Human Immune System presents the protective and therapeutic potential of plant-based drinks, supplements, nutraceuticals, synergy food, superfoods, and other products. Medicinal plants and their products can affect the immune system and act as immunomodulators.
Medicinal plants are popularly used in folk medicine to accelerate the human immune defence and improve body reactions against infectious or exogenous injuries, as well as to suppress the abnormal immune response occurring in immune disorders. This book explains how medicinal plants can act as a source of vitamins and improve body functions such as enhanced oxygen circulation, maintained blood pressure and improved mood. It also outlines how specific properties of certain plants can help boost the immune system of humans with cancer, HIV, and COVID-19.
- Provides specific information on how to accelerate and or fortify the human immune system by using medicinal plants.
- Presents scientific understanding of herbs, shrubs, climbers and trees and their potential uses in conventional and herbal medicine systems.
- Discusses the specific role of herbal plants that act as antiviral and antibacterial agents and offer boosted immunity for cancer, H1N1 virus, relieving swine flu, HIV and COVID-19 patients.
Part of the Exploring Medicinal Plants series, this book is useful for researchers and students, as well as policy makers and people working in industry, who have an interest in plant-derived medications.
Table of Contents
1. Plant-based potential nutraceuticals for improving human immune system
Azamal Husen and Muhammad Iqbal
2. Antibacterial properties of medicinal plants: Recent trends, progress and challenges
Limenew Abate et al.
3. Antiviral response of medicinal plants: Current understanding, prospects and challenges
V P Venkateish et al.
4. Conventional medicinal plants: A boon for boosting immune system in humans
Antul Kumar et al.
5. Medicinal plants for strong immune system and traditional skin therapy in South Africa: An overview
Learnmore Kambizi and Callistus Bvenura
6. Traditional African medicinal plants for a strong immune system
7. Traditional Brazilian medicinal plants for a strong immune system
José Crisólogo de Sales Silva et al.
8. Traditional Himalayan plants: Nature’s gift for maintaining a strong immune system
9. Traditional South Indian herbal plants for a strong immune system
Mani Divya and Sekar Vijayakumar
10. Sacred medicinal plants and their use by indigenous people for strengthening immune system
Jamal Akhtar and Fouzia Bashir
11. Molecular features of potential herbal products in enhancing human immune system
Chandrabose Selvaraj, Chandrabose Yogeswari and Sanjeev Kumar Singh
12. Specific plant nutrients and vitamins that fortify human immune system
Kirubel Teshome Tadele and Gebeyanesh Worku Zerssa
13. Role of specific spices in fortifying human immune system
Yashdeep Srivastava et al.
14. Specific fruits and berries for a strong human immune system
15. Natural immunity boosters and anticancer medicinal plants
Swati Agarwal, Sonu Kumari and Amrendra Kumar
16. Potential of medicinal plants as immunity booster against COVID-19
Professor Azamal Husen is a Foreign Delegate at Wolaita Sodo University, Wolaita, Ethiopia. He has served the University of Gondar, Ethiopia, as Professor of Biology and was Visiting Faculty of the Forest Research Institute and the Doon College of Agriculture and Forest at Dehra Dun, India.