Transaction Costs & Trade Between Multinational Corporations (RLE International Business)
Until this book was published little had appeared on the matter of the organization of production in oil gathering. This book:
- Describes the global offshore oil supply industry and its features on one of the world’s major offshore oil services bases
- Draws on the theory of the multinational corporation to explain why buyers and sellers should have internationalized themselves into a symbiotic relationship
- Discusses the preference of the oil companies for vertical disintegration
- Explains the transaction cost paradigm
- Integrates the largely American literature on the transaction cost paradigm with the literature on the multinational corporation (which is largely British).