Underground Works under Special Conditions
Proceedings of the ISRM Workshop W1, Madrid, Spain, 6-7 July 2007
- This format is currently out of stock.
This book contains papers and special lectures presented at the workshop Underground Works under Special Conditions held in Madrid in 2007, within the framework of the 11th International Congress of the International Society for Rock Mechanics. It contains a comprehensive collection of topics related to some of the most complex underground works recently undertaken across the world. A number of main themes are highlighted in the book: rock burst, face stability, design parameters and TBM selection criteria, among others. Underground Works under Special Conditions will be invaluable to consultants, designers, contractors and researchers, and all professionals working in the tunnelling and underground world.
Table of Contents
- The nature of special conditions in underground construction
- Geological Strength Index (GSI). A characterization tool for assessing engineering properties for rock masses
- Hard rock bursting phenomena in maule tunnel
- Ground reaction curves of tunnels considering post-peak rock mass properties
- Safety in tunneling machines
- The selection of a cutter for a tunnel boring machine and the estimation of its useful life - Field test study on the endurance of early embedded bolts
- Improving the reliability of GSI estimation: The integrated GSI-RMI system
- Calculation of the pre-stressed anchorage by 3D infinite element