First published in 1987: This book is intended as a guide for a very large group of practitioners in the medical, pharmaceutical, and biological fields. It will enable them to prescribe and use antibiotics in an improved way.
1. Laboratory Methods and Clinical Relevance of In Vitro Synergy and Antagonism of Antibiotics
2. Interactions During the Administration; Direct Interaction of Antibiotics Through Contact During Intravenous Perfusion
Dieter Adam and Friedrich Englert
3. Experimental Animal Models for the Evaluation of Antibiotics Combinations
W. Michael Scheld
4. Pharmacokinetic Interactions Between Antimicrobial Agents and Other Drugs
Deirdre A. Lewis and David S. Reeves
5. Toxicity of Anti Associations and of the Associations of Antibiotics with Other Drugs
Gilles Roche and Jean-Bernard Dureux
6. The Effect of Antibiotics and of Drug Associations Including Antibiotics on the Immunodefense System
7. Use of Corticosteroids in Bacterial Infections. Possible Interactions
8. The Interaction of Antitumor Agents with Anti-Infectious Therapy: Useful and Harmful Interactions
Konrad Keller and Klaus-Peter Hellriegel
9. Conclusions regarding the Useful and Harmful Interactions of Antibiotics Between Them and with Other Drugs
Are there elusive titles that you need and have been trying to source for years but thought that you would never be able to find?
Well this may be the end of your quest – here is a fantastic opportunity for you to discover past brilliance and purchase previously out of print and unavailable titles by some of the world’s most eminent academic scholars.
Drawing from over 100 years of innovative, cutting-edge publishing, Routledge Revivals is an exciting programme whereby key titles from the distinguished and extensive backlist of the many acclaimed imprints associated with Routledge will be re-issued.
The programme draws upon the illustrious backlists of Kegan Paul, Trench & Trubner, Routledge & Kegan Paul, Methuen, Allen & Unwin and Routledge itself.
Routledge Revivals spans the whole of the Humanities and Social Sciences, and includes works by some of the world’s greatest thinkers including Emile Durkheim, Max Weber, Simone Weil, Martin Buber, Karl Jaspers and Max Beloff.
If you are interested in Revivals in the Behavioral Sciences, please visit https://www.routledge.com/series/PSYREVIVALS