Explore the personality traits, values, and characteristics to look for in volunteers! Volunteerism Marketing: New Vistas for Nonprofit and Public Sector Management is an excellent research tool for volunteer organizers, academic researchers and reference librarians in the disciplines of business, education administration, health care, psychology, public administration, and sociology. This book will give you a better understanding of what kind of people to look for when seeking volunteers in hospitals, hospices, for organ donation, and for public education. Through studies and tests such as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, this book explores the personality traits and characteristics of volunteers in various fields. In Volunteerism Marketing, you will discover the characteristics that separate volunteers from non volunteers and the segmented characteristics of volunteers for differing venues. This information will assist you in attracting, training, and retaining the right volunteers for your organization. Some of the areas you will explore include:
- the differences between hospice volunteers and other types of volunteers
- the unique characteristics of hospital volunteers, such as these three social-lifestyle variables: the average number of hours served in a volunteer’s primary organization, the number of volunteer organizations in which the volunteer serves, and the volunteer’s frequency of attendance at religious services
- encouraging human organ donation with financial incentives
- exploring research that examines volunteerism as a part of social marketing
- utilizing the concept of market exchange to attract non-parents and the community as a whole as volunteers in public educationVolunteerism Marketing: New Vistas for Nonprofit and Public Sector Management is the single most current and comprehensive guide to the subject of volunteerism. This exceptional reference provides you with decisionmaking support in a wide variety of nonprofit settings and gives guidelines for future research. The segmented and descriptive case studies, charts and graphs found in this valuable book will assist you in understanding the characteristics of volunteers for differing fields, while giving you an edge on recruiting and retaining them!