Wastewater Treatment with the Fenton Process Principles and Applications
The presence of refractory organic compounds in wastewater is a global problem. Advanced Oxidation Processes in general, and the Fenton Oxidation Process, are alternative technologies for wastewater and water treatment. This book gives an overview of Fenton process principles, explains the main factors influencing this technology, includes applications, kinetic and thermodynamic calculations, and presents a strong overview on the heterogeneous catalytic approach. It demonstrates that the iron-based heterogeneous Fenton process, including nanoparticles, a new complex solution, is highly efficient, environmentally friendly, and can be suitable for wastewater treatment and industrial wastewater.
- FeaturesDescribes in detail the heterogeneous Fenton process and process applications
- Analyzes the advantages and disadvantages of different catalysts available and their suitability to specific processes
- Provides economic analysis of the Fenton process in a ready-to-use package for industrial practitioners for adaptation into already existing industrially viable technologies
- Promotes a modern solution to the problem of degradation of hazardous compounds through ecological and environmentally friendly processes and the use of a catalyst that can be recycled
- Explains complex data in an understandable and reader-friendly way
Intended for professionals, researchers, upper-level undergraduate and graduate students in Environmental Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry, and those who work in wastewater management.
1. Introduction 2. Fenton Process Principles 3. Catalysts 4. Nanomaterials 5. Application and Efficiency of Process 6. Factors Influencing the Effectiveness of the Process 7. Reactors in the Heterogeneous Fenton Process 8. Kinetics of the Process and Thermodynamical Aspects 9. Toxicity of the Catalyst and Products Formed in the Process 10. Reusability of Catalysts 11. Economical Aspects and Hydrogen Production 12. Perspective and Summary