Who's Who in Military History
From 1453 to the Present Day
- This format is currently out of stock.
Who's Who in Military History looks at those people who have shaped the course of war. Broad in geographical and chronological scope, it concentrates on all the major periods and conflicts in history, from 1453 up to and including the Persian Gulf War. It provides:
* detailed biographies of the most interesting and important figures in military history
* a series of maps showing the main theatres of war
* a glossary of common words and phrases
* a unique and valuable source of information for both the student and the general reader.
John Keegan is the Defence Correspondent for the Daily Telegraph and has published numerous books, including A History of Warfare (1994), Churchill's Generals (1991), and the Routledge Who Was Who in World War Two (1995)
Andrew Wheatcroft is a lecturer at Stirling University and has written extensively on military and historical topics. He is the author of War, Peace and Peoples; Nicholas II: a Photographic Biography and The Habsburg Empire.