- Tired of trawling through the Wiring Regs?
- Perplexed by Part P?
- Confused by cables, conductors and circuits?
Then look no further! This handy guide provides an on-the-job reference source for Electricians, Designers, Service Engineers, Inspectors, Builders, Students, DIY enthusiasts
Topic-based chapters link areas of working practice – such as cables, installations, testing and inspection, special locations – with the specifics of the Regulations themselves. This allows quick and easy identification of the official requirements relating to the situation in front of you.
The requirements of the regulations, and of related standards, are presented in an informal, easy-to-read style that strips away confusion. Packed with useful hints and tips, and highlighting the most important or mandatory requirements, this book is a concise reference on all aspects of the seventeenth edition IEE Wiring Regulations.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 2. Domestic buildings 3. Earthing 4. Safety Protection 5. Electrical equipment, components, accessories and supplies 6. Cables and conductors
7. Special installations and locations 8. External influences 9. Inspection and testing
10. Installation, maintenance and repair Appendices: A. Symbols used in electrical installations B. List of symbols C. SI units for existing technology D. Acronyms and abbreviations E. British Standards currently used with the Wiring Regulations F. Useful contacts G. Books by the same author Index.
Ray Tricker (MSc, IEng, FIET, FCMI, FCQI, FIRSE) is the Senior Consultant (Management Systems) of Herne European Consultancy Ltd (a company specialising in Outsourced Back Office Functions) is also an established author, with over 30 titles published. He served with the Royal Corps of Signals (for a total of 37 years) during which time he held various managerial posts culminating in being appointed as the Chief Engineer of NATO’s Communication Security Agency (ACE COMSEC).
"An excellent publication which will provide a constant reference work for the industry."
- Paul C Clifford, Green Leader Limited (Review of the previous edition)