World Ency Cont Theatre V1-6
- This product is currently out of stock.
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
World Encyclopedia of Contemporary Theatre (WECT) is the largest, international co-operative undertaking in the history of world theatre.
In six outstanding volumes WECT documents artistic development all over the world, country by country, region by region. International and in depth, WECT's coverage includes playwriting, music theatre, dance theatre, theatre for young audiences, puppet theatre, design, architecture and developments in theatre technology, theatre training, criticism and scholarship.
An incredible accomplishment, WECT is a project of The International Theatre Institute, The International Federation for Theatre Research, The International Association of Libraries and Museums of the Performing Arts, and The International Association of Theatre Critics with the support of UNESCO and the UNESCO World Decade for Cultural Development.
The volumes record and analyse world theatre in some 160 countries, from 1945 to the present day. Written by leading scholars, critics and theatre practitioners from each country and edited by authorities in each region, WECT explores through text and illustration the relationship between each national theatre community and the unique society from which it springs.
* Extensive coverage - world theatre in more than 160 countries is documented and analyzed offering a complete insight to theatrical cultures in a form which allows country-by-country comparison
* Prestigious board of contributors - created by more than 1,000 leading international scholars, critics and theatre practitioners all writing from within the country being covered to ensure authenticity and authority
* Lavishly illustrated - over 750 black and white photographs from around the world complement the text, to make the volumes informative and readable
* Multidisciplinary - relevant to a wide range of disciplines, including history, literature and intercultural studies