BiographyDr. Arjun Dey presently is working as Scientist, Bengaluru.
Dr. Dey received the Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2003 from GIET University, Gunupur (the then GIET, Gunupur under Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Odisha); followed by Master Degree in Materials Engineering from Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur, Howrah (the then Bengal Engineering and Science University) in 2007. Working as CSIR-SRF at CSIR-Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute (CSIR-CGCRI), Kolkata, he earned his Doctoral Degree in Materials Science and Engineering in 2011 from the IIEST, Shibpur.
Areas of Research / Professional Expertise
• Evaluation, analysis and interpretation of nanoindentation behaviour: Structural ceramics e.g. alumina, ZTA etc, Plasma Spray coatings, Thin DLC film, Natural Biocomposite materials e.g. bone, tooth, nail, shell, scale etc, C/C and C/SiC composite for aerospace application.
• Macro- and Micro mechanical properties of Bio-ceramic coating e.g. hydroxyapatite (HAP) and also bulk ceramics e.g. alumina, HAP and its composites etc.
• Oxide and metallic thin film for spacecraft application
• Micro arc oxidation coating for spacecraft application
• Development of bioactive coating
• Plasma Spray Ceramics Coating
• Residual Stress
• Physicochemical characterizations
• Biomaterials, Biomedical Engineering & Natural Biocomposites
writing poems, sleeping