• Ph.D. in Social Science. Department of Sociology. University of Crete (2002) Thesis title: «Deindustrialization and biographical transformations: life histories of industrial workers in Lavrion”.
• B.A. in Philosophy and Social Science. Department of Philosophy and Social Studies. University of Crete (1989)
Academic Work Experience
• October 2014 - : Associate Professor. Department of Sociology. University of Crete. (Subject: Qualitative Methods in Sociological Research)
• July 2007 – October 2014: Assistant Professor. Department of Sociology. University of Crete. (Subject: Qualitative Methods in Sociological Research)
• March 2006 – July 2007: Lecturer. Department of Sociology. University of the Aegean. (Subject: Micro-sociology)
• September 2002- March 2006. Adjunct Lecturer. Department of Sociology. University of the Aegean.
• April 2018: Research fellow at the Institute of Educational Science (University of Vienna).
• March – August 2011: Visiting professor (Gastprofessor) at the Department of Social Sciences (Fachbereich 03 Gesellschaftswissenschaften) at the University of Frankfurt (Goethe-Universität Frankfurt).
Memberships in Professional Societies
• Member of International Social Association (ISA).
• Member of the Research Committee RC 38 “Biography and Society”, International Social Association (ISA) – Elected member of the scientific board (since July 2018). https://www.isa-sociology.org/en/research-networks/research-committees/rc38-biography-and-society/
• Member of Greek Association of Oral History (2012-2016: Board member – Vice-President since May 2018). http://www.epi.uth.gr/index.php?page=commitee
• Member of the Section „Biographieforschung“, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Soziologie.
Areas of Research / Professional Expertise
• Methodology of Social Research
• Qualitative Research Methods
• Biographical & narrative approach
• Mixed and combined method
• Secondary analysis of qualitative data
• Sociology of social transformation
• Qualitative methods of social research
• Analysis of qualitative data
• Biographical and narrative approach
• Mixed and combined methods
• Social identities and biographies in late modernity.