BiographyPOSITION and CORRESPONDANCE
Chairperson, Food Engineering Department, Yeditepe University, Istanbul Turkey
Address: Yeditepe University, Food Engineering Department, 34755, Kayışdağı/
Kadıköy, İstanbul, Tukey
Phone: 90 (216) 578 0486
Fax: 90 (216) 578 0400
e-mail: [email protected]
1) Professor at Yeditepe University.
a) Chairperson of Chemical Engineering Department (2006-2009): Major contribution includes starting the Chemical Engineering PhD program and, getting the department accredited by MÜDEK (Turkish equivalent of ABET). Still teaching CHBE classes.
b) Chairperson of the Food Engineering Department (2009-): Founder of the Department. Teaching FDE classes.
c) Faculty Member of Genetics and Bioengineering Program (2007-): Teaching GBE classes.
2) Visiting Professor (Massey University, New Zealand, June 1996- July 1997). Activities: Teaching classes & member of the organizing committee and proceedings co-editor of CHEMECA 97 (Australian and New Zealand Chemical Engineering Conference and Exhibition). Proceedings of CHEMECA 97 are (available in CD; editors: R.S. Jebson, R. Chong, M. Özilgen and T.W. Spriggs, New Zealand Institute of Professional Engineers New Zealand (1997)
3) Professor: Middle East Technical University (Turkey, 1985 - 1996)
4) Turkish Scientific and Technical Reseach Institute (Consultant to the Head of the Marmarara Reseach Center, 1995)
5) Visiting Professor & Lecturer: University of California, Davis, USA (September 1991 - August 1992) Activities: Teaching classes & research.
Taught classes in three continents in three different universities. Uses MATLAB efficiently
Areas of Research / Professional Expertise
Exergy and energy consumption analysis in food and bioprocessing industries with the purpose of revealing the details of the biological systems, or to minimize expenditure and the damage to the environment in the manufacturing processes.
Travelled to numerous places in the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Turkey & Europe. An enthusiast of artistic painting