CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 104th Edition
Posted on: May 12, 2023
New Data and New Look for the CRC Press Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
The 104th Edition of the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics has exciting major changes in its organization to better serve the ever-changing fields of chemistry, physics, and other scientific disciplines. The reorganized contents allow Handbook users to find existing data more quickly. At the same time, this CRC Handbook maintains its commitment to the highest standards of data quality while extending coverage of topics of emerging importance in chemistry and physics.
Highlights of the 104th Edition of the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
- 402 different topics are included, with 833 distinct data tables and figures
- 8 new topics added in this 104th Edition
- 47 topics have major updates in the 104th Edition
- Harmonized property and variable names and symbols
- Foundational data on more important 20,000 organic and inorganic compounds
- Citable and traceable
- In-depth coverage of atomic elements and isotopes
- Important properties on common compounds under common conditions
- Reliability as input for modeling and knowledge discovery research
- Strong support for practical chemical engineering and industry chemistry calculations
- New sections focused on important current topics including environmental chemistry and solid-state chemistry and physics
The CRC Handbook is now divided into four major parts:
Part 1 Data on Chemical Substances: Meets the continuing need for highest-quality foundational data on atoms and molecules to support development and use of chemicals, materials, and physical systems based on new instrumentation, experimental techniques, and advanced modeling, simulation, and computation, including knowledge discovery methods.
Part 2 Data for the Practice of Chemistry and Physics: Supports the growing need for application-focused, high-quality chemistry and physics data in education, environmental science, materials development, industrial processes, and the study of the Earth and the Universe.
Part 3 Data for Modern Chemical Laboratories: Recognizes that modern chemical laboratory science relies on high-quality data and reliable information as analytical techniques expand in number and capability in identifying the composition and amounts of chemical substances in chemical, bio-medical, and physical systems of increasing complexity and size.
Part 4 Reference Tables and Indices: Provides access to important scientific units and constants and the norms of chemical and physical nomenclature, symbols, and terminology; includes extensive table of conversion factors