This CRC Press FreeBook contains excerpts from five books covering a range of topics within game design and development.
- "The Foundations of Game Balance" from Game Balance helps readers understand different types of game balance and how to approach balance when designing a game
- In "What it Means to be a Video Game Animator" from Game Anim, author Jonathan Cooper explains the role of a game animator and the technical skills required to be a great animator
- "Games Writing as a Discipline" from Writing for Games discusses some of the specifics around writing and storytelling in videogames, when it's not narrative design.
- "Introduction to Quest Design" from Quests gives an introduction to the theory and history of quests in games.
- "The Future of Game Development" from Game Development 2042 discusses the way we make games, from tools to teams, to funding models.
Complete the form below to download your copy
This book features content from:
- Game Balance by Ian Schreiber, Brenda Romero
- Game Anim by Jonathan Cooper
- Writing for Games by Hannah Nicklin
- Quests by Jeff Howard
- Game Development 2042 by Tim Fields
A Strategy Guide for Game Design 2023 is brought to you by CRC Press - Taylor and Francis Group. It contains a collection of curated content from some of our bestselling books and leading experts.