This August, to celebrate our Animal of the Month, we explore interesting facts and different breeds of dogs as well as tips for keeping your dog cool in the summer!
Make sure you keep up to date with the latest veterinary books, news and #AnimaloftheMonth by following us on Twitter @CRCPressVet
Diagnostic MRI in Dogs and Cats, 1st Edition
Author(s): Wilfried Mai
Cat. #: K26551
Publication Date: September 23, 2018
Canine Infectious Diseases : Self-Assessment Color Review, 1st Edition
Author(s): Katrin Hartmann, Jane Sykes
Cat. #: K22407
Publication Date: March 14, 2018
Five interesting facts about dogs:
1. Dogs sweat through the pads of their feet.
2. If a dog isn’t spayed or neutered, a female dog, her mate and their offspring can produce 67,000 dogs in 6 years.
3. Dogs can vary in size from a 36 inch (150+ lb.) Great Dane to a 2 lb. Chihuahua.
4. Nearly all but two breeds of dogs have pink tongues: the Chow Chow and the Shar-pei both have black tongues.
5. All dogs, regardless of breed, are direct descendants of wolves and technically of the same species.