This free chapter will guide teachers on how they can support vocabulary development in all children. It introduces a structured framework called Word Aware, explaining the theory behind the approach, the key principles of effective vocabulary teaching and how it can be implemented in the classroom. It also includes activities that can be put into practice immediately.
It is taken from the brand new edition of Word Aware 1: Teaching Vocabulary Across the Day, Across the Curriculum by Stephen Parsons and Anna Brannigan and provides you with a chance to take a look inside this much loved resource.
Complete the form below to download your copy
1. Introduction from Word Aware 1: Teaching Vocabulary Across the Day, Across the Curriculum
2. Word of the Week - Sample Activity
3. Word Wall Definition Clues - Sample Activity
4. Reflections on Word Learning - Sample Activity
5. What Word Detectives do we Have? - Sample Activity
6. I am Interested in Words - Sample Activity