Recent challenges facing higher and tertiary education such as the impact of globalisation and the emergence of new technologies, have called for a radical reconceptualisation of the teaching-learning nexus.
This book addresses contemporary contexts of flexible learning and its practices, and provides insights about directions in which education and training providers may be required to follow in order to implement flexible learning in a variety of settings. Key issues and debates include: work-place based learning. Topics covered include:
* the social and economic dimensions of flexible learning and delivery
* the implications of globalisation and internationalisation for higher education
* flexible learning, knowledge and power
* institutional strategies for implementing flexible learning and delivery
* practising flexible learning through media and new technologies