About the Book
Lenin and Revolutionary Russia examines the background to and the course of the Russian Revolution of 1917 and Lenin's regime. It explores all the key aspects such as the development of the Bolsheviks as a revolutionary party, the 1905 Revolution, the collapse of the Tsarists, the Russian Civil War and historical interpretations of Lenin's legacy to Russian history.
About the Series
Questions and Analysis in History contain the key elements essential to the study of history, whilst also offering a guide to best practice in essay writing and history skills. Each chapter of every book is organized around the key questions which historians debate, and hence, examiners look for. In addition, these short texts include a systematic examination of a variety of primary sources through questions and worked answers.
Through presenting analysis of source material as answers to questions, these books offer:
* a model of essay writing which reflects the skills required of students
* guidance with exam revision by focusing on type of questions set
* insight into the approach expected by examiners
* a starting point to launch students into their own investigations
* aid in acquiring sound techniques
* preparation for essays and document based questions
* promotion of discussion in class.
The series is regarded as the set of books that will push the student to an A grade. The books are both stretching and stimulating, and students have founf them invaluable during their revision for the final exams.
BISAC Subject Codes/Headings:
- HISTORY / General
- HISTORY / Europe / Russia & the Former Soviet Union
- HISTORY / Modern / 20th Century