Colloquial Hebrew provides a step-by-step course in Hebrew as it is written and spoken today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Hebrew in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Key features include:
• progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
• structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
• an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
• realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
• useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
• additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary and bilingual glossaries
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Hebrew will be an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Hebrew.
The complete course comprises the book and audio materials. These are available to purchase separately in paperback, ebook, CD and MP3 format. The paperback and CDs can also be purchased together in the great-value Colloquials pack.
Paperback: 978-0-415-24048-2 (please note this does not include the audio)
CDs : 978-0-415-30260-9
eBook: 978-0-203-98726-1 (please note this does not include the audio, available from www.tandfebooks.com)
MP3s: 978-0-415-47087-2 (available from www.tandfebooks.com)
Pack : 978-0-415-43159-0 (paperback and CDs)
Introduction 1. Reading and Writing Hebrew 2. Peter Arrives in Isreal 3. Can we Meet? 4. It's a Very Popular Restaurant 5. One Big Family 6. Shopping at the Mall 7. Making Arrangements 8. On the Road on Time 9. Home Sweet Home 10. Sport and Culture 11. Driving Down to the Dead Sea 12. At the Doctors 13. In Jerusalem 14. "Hold the back page!" Media and Communications. Key to Exercises. Appendix. Quick Grammar Reference. Prepositions Chart. Verb Glossary. Herbrew-English Glossary. English-Hebrew. Glossary