Meeting the Needs of Your Most Able Pupils: Mathematics provides specific guidance on:
- recognising high ability and potential
- planning, differentiation, extension and enrichment in Mathematicss
- teacher questioning skills
- support for more able pupils with special educational needs (dyslexia, ADHD, sensory impairment)
- recording and assessment
- beyond the classroom: visits, competitions, summer schools, masterclasses, links with universities, businesses and other organisations.
The book includes comprehensive appendices with linked resources available online that feature:
- lesson plans and examples of activities
- departmental procedures and action plans
- identification strategies
- guidance on auditing provision for more able pupils.
This book is an essential resource for secondary teachers, subject heads of departments, leading teachers for G&T Education (gifted and talented co-ordinators), SENCos and LA advisers.