© 2004 – Routledge
An extensive and unequalled one-volume guide covering over 1,700 international and regional organizations, this title provides detailed and accurate information on a wide spectrum of international organizations from the UN to the International Council for Science.
· Introductory articles: An Introduction to International Organizations and Challenges Facing the International System in the 21st Century
· A chronology charting the historical development of international organizations
· Texts of significant international charters, treaties and documents
· Lists of key UN Security Council and General Assembly resolutions, plus information about peace-keeping activities
· A who's who of leading officials within international organizations
· A directory and further information on each organization including contact information, details of membership, leading officials, activities, finance, publications and subsidiary organizations
· An extensive, alphabetically-arranged index.
'An important reference source' - European Information Management