The Sustainable Solutions Serieshighlights best practices in community-engaged teaching and research with a sustainability focus. The series addresses various themes, including:
- building capacity in the university and the community to support teaching or research-based community partnerships that address sustainability issues;
- the emergence of particular themes that have shaped these efforts, such as social justice, climate change, and sustainable economic development;
- highlighting community partnerships in action through case studies;
- exploring various orientations to partnerships in teaching, research, and/or practice;
- emergent approaches, future trends, assessment;
- innovation in teaching and research-based partnerships, exploring increasingly complex sustainability issues.
This series not only highlights past and current practices, but also proposes a "next set" of questions that sustainability-focused community-based teaching, research, and practice needs to address going forward.