Inside the Dark Web provides a broad overview of emerging digital threats and computer crimes, with an emphasis on cyberstalking, hacktivism, fraud and identity theft, and attacks on critical infrastructure. The book also analyzes the online underground economy and digital currencies and cybercrime on the dark web. The book further explores how dark web crimes are conducted on the surface web in new mediums, such as the Internet of Things (IoT) and peer-to-peer file sharing systems as well as dark web forensics and mitigating techniques.
This book starts with the fundamentals of the dark web along with explaining its threat landscape. The book then introduces the Tor browser, which is used to access the dark web ecosystem. The book continues to take a deep dive into cybersecurity criminal activities in the dark net and analyzes the malpractices used to secure your system. Furthermore, the book digs deeper into the forensics of dark web, web content analysis, threat intelligence, IoT, crypto market, and cryptocurrencies. This book is a comprehensive guide for those who want to understand the dark web quickly.
After reading Inside the Dark Web, you’ll understand
- The core concepts of the dark web.
- The different theoretical and cross-disciplinary approaches of the dark web and its evolution in the context of emerging crime threats.
- The forms of cybercriminal activity through the dark web and the technological and "social engineering" methods used to undertake such crimes.
- The behavior and role of offenders and victims in the dark web and analyze and assess the impact of cybercrime and the effectiveness of their mitigating techniques on the various domains.
- How to mitigate cyberattacks happening through the dark web.
- The dark web ecosystem with cutting edge areas like IoT, forensics, and threat intelligence and so on.
- The dark web-related research and applications and up-to-date on the latest technologies and research findings in this area.
For all present and aspiring cybersecurity professionals who want to upgrade their skills by understanding the concepts of the dark web, Inside the Dark Web is their one-stop guide to understanding the dark web and building a cybersecurity plan.
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to the Dark Web. 2. Cybercrime and the Dark Web. 3. Malicious Software. 4. Dark Web Malicious Hacker Forums. 5. Ransomware. 6. Accessing Dark Web Contents. 7. Crypto Market and Cryptocurrency. 8. Threat Intelligence from the Dark Web. 9. Social Engineering in the Dark Web. 10. Products and Vendors in Dark Web Markets. 11. Dark Web Forensics. 12. Open Source Intelligence. 13. Emerging Trend of Dark-Net and Mitigating Techniques. 14. Hands-on Dark Web.
Dr. Erdal Ozkaya is a leading Cybersecurity Professional with business development, management and academic skills who focuses on securing the Cyber Space and sharing his real-life skills as a Security Adviser, Speaker, Lecturer and Author. Erdal is known to be passionate about reaching communities, and creating cyber aware campaigns and leveraging new and innovative approaches and technologies to holistically address the information security and privacy needs for every person and organization in the world. He has authored many cybersecurity books as well as security certification courseware and exams for different vendors. He is an award-winning technical expert & speaker: His recent awards are: Microsoft Circle of Excellence Platinum Club (2017), NATO Center of Excellence (2016) Security Professional of the year by MEA Channel Magazine (2015), Professional of the year Sydney (2014) and many speaker of the year awards in conferences. He also holds Global Instructor of the year awards from EC Council and Microsoft. Erdal is also a part time lecture at Australian Charles Sturt University.
Dr. Rafiqul Islam has more than 15 years teaching and research experiences at different universities in Australia and overseas. Currently, He is working as an Associate Professor in Computing at Charles Sturt University, Australia and Leading the Cyber Security Research Group (CSRG) since 2014. He has a strong research background in Cybersecurity with specific focus on malware analysis and classification, Dark Web, authentication, dark web threat analysis, security in cloud, privacy in social media and Internet of Things (IoT). Dr. Islam has been involved, as General Chair, Cahir, and member of organizing committee and TPC, in a number of International conferences and acting as a member of an editorial team of different international journals. He has a strong publication record and has published more than 150 peer-reviewed scholarly research papers, book chapters and books. He is also one of the CSU chief investigators for the newly established $140 million Cybersecurity CRC, contributing to the projects related to resilient networks, Security and configuration management of IoT system, platform and architecture of cybersecurity as a service, and malware detection and removal. His contributions have been recognized as evidenced by numerous national and international recognitions and awards.