The CRC Press Focus Shortform Book Program is the answer for those readers that are looking for affordable, concise, quick to market books that fills the need for short overviews on emerging areas or "hot topics", books that contain detailed case studies, research, analytical or theoretical innovations, timely responses to current affairs or debates, information and analysis for professionals and practitioners within a certain field, or an edited collection with a variety of viewpoints. These are just some ideas that our CRC Press Focus Shortform Book Program includes. We welcome submissions in any subject area where CRC Press currently publishes.
Our Focus titles are available within 10-12 weeks from submission to publication, as eBooks and print-on-demand hardbacks. They contain 20,000 to 50,000 words maximum, including notes and references, with a limit of 50 figures/table and 25 equations. Both authored books and edited collections can be submitted.
Please browse our list of published titles. If you would like to submit a CRC Press Focus Shortform Book proposal, please use the editor list to contact the editor working in your subject area.
Advantages to authors include:
- Topicality - Allows you to respond quickly to current affairs and contemporary issues and policies.
- Flexibility – Perfect for situations where you have too much material for an article but not enough for a full-length book.
- Accessibility – Helps you to make your research findings concise and accessible.
- Impact – Format, quick timeframe, and competitive pricing helps your work to impact upon policy and practice.
- Quality – All titles in the CRC Press Focus Shortform Book Program will be subject to our usual high standards of peer review.
- Global Market – You will have all the benefits of your Focus title being marketed, sold, and distributed by a major international Academic Publisher with genuinely global coverage.
Below find titles that are already published in this series:
Computer Science and IT
Internet of Things
A Beginner’s Guide to Internet of Things Security: Attacks, Applications, Authentication, and Fundamentals
January 23, 2020 by CRC Press