Create high-quality models in no time at all with these comprehensive, full-color, techniques and tutorials from Antony Ward and David Randall. These step-by-step tutorials walk readers through the creation of a high-quality female model while teaching you the basics and principles behind 3D modeling in Silo - including modeling the face and clothes, creating textures, and posing the character. The companion website includes all of the tutorial and project files. This book is officially endorsed and co-written by the creators of Silo, Nevercenter.
- See how to create three main models - A base mesh, a detailed female base mesh and the final cover character, Jade Raven.
- Covers both organic and hard surface modeling techniques.
- Introduces the reader to more advanced Silo tools like Paint Displacement and UV Mapping.
- Full of bonus material and information to make you a more efficient 3D artist.
- The techniques featured can also be applied to other 3D applications, making the skills you will learn easily transferable.
- Get money off Silo with the discount code included.
"Will guide you through the creative process in a concise fashion.Essentially the title deals with the basic principles, following an already successful Focal Press format: 14 colour-coded chapters making for an easy reference at any time. Chapters are coherent, following the natural workflow you'd expect with an almost-beginners-focused book.. Advanced tools in Silo such as Paint Displacement will entice professionals, knowing you'll really learn something of worth, and all advice is delivered by top industry experts."---3D Artist magazine