3D Printing Technology, Applications, and Selection
3D Printing is a faster, more cost-effective method for building prototypes from three-dimensional computer-aided design (CAD) drawings. 3D Printing provides a fundamental overview of the general product design and manufacturing process and presents the technology and application for designing and fabricating parts in a format that makes learning easy. This user-friendly book clearly covers the 3D printing process for designers, teachers, students, and hobbyists and can also be used as a reference book in a product design and process development.
About the Author
2. How Does 3D Printing Work?
3. Design of a 3D Printer
4. Calibrating the 3D Printer
5. Materials for 3D Printing
6. Classifications of Rapid Prototyping and 3D Printing Systems
7. Scanning and Reverse Engineering
8. Common Applications of 3D Printers
9. 3D Printing in Medicine
10. How to Select Rapid Prototyping and 3D Printer
Appendix A: Glossary of Terms
Appendix B: List of Abbreviations
Appendix C: MATLAB Program for Expert System