The Internet of Things (IoT) has seen the eventual shift to the "Internet of Everything" in the recent years, unveiling its ubiquitous presence spanning from smart transports to smart healthcare, from smart education to smart shopping. With the 5G rollouts across the different countries of the world, it raises newer perspectives toward the integration of 5G in IoT. For IoT-based smart devices, 5G not only means speed, but also better stability, efficiency, and more secure connectivity. The reach of 5G in IoT is extending in multifarious areas like self-driving vehicles, smart grids for renewable energy, AI-enabled robots on factory floors, intelligent healthcare services . . . The endless list is the real future of 5G in IoT.
- Fundamental and applied perspectives to 5G integration in IoT
- Transdisciplinary vision with aspects of Artificial Intelligence, Industry 4.0, and hands-on practice tools
- Discussion of trending research issues in 5G and IoT
As 5G technologies catalyze a paradigm shift in the domain of IoT, this book serves as a reference for the researchers in the field of IoT and 5G, proffering the landscape to the trending aspects as well as the key topics of discussion in the years to come.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Fundamental Architectural Concepts for 5G and IoT
1. The impact of Artificial Intelligence in 5G enabled IoT Networks
Ranjana Sikarwar, Parth Wazurkar
2. Attacks, Security Concerns, Solutions and Market Trends for IoT
Deepak Rai, Shyam Singh Rajput, and Rakesh Kumar
3. Intelligence and Security in 5G - Oriented Internet of Things
Jasminder Kaur Sandhu, Prateek Srivastava, Yadunath Pathak, Meena Pundir
4. Advancement of Mobile Communications in 5G Perspective
Anuradha Singh, Ayushi Tandon, Laasya Cherukuri
5. The role of IoT in Smart Technologies: Industry 4.0
Ashish Bagwari, Jyotshana Bagwari, Taniya Anand, Brijesh Kumar Chaurasia, R.P.S. Gangwar, Mohammad Kamarul Hasan
Part 2: Applied Scenarios of 5G and IoT
6. Realization of New Radio 5G-IoT Connectivity using mmWave-Massive MIMO Technology
Priyanka Pateriya, Rakesh Singhai, Piyush Shukla, Jyoti Singhai
7. Algebraically Constructed Short Sequence Families for 5G NOMA Techniques
Lazar Z. Velimirovic, Svetislav Maric
8. Ambient Backscatter Communication: A Solution for Energy Efficient 5G Enabled Internet of Things
Tushar S.Muratkar, Ankit Bhurane, Ashwin Kothari and Robin Singh Bhadoria
9. Deployment and Analysis of Random Walk and Random Way Point Mobility Model for WSN-Assisted IoT Hierarchical Framework
Anurag Shukla, Sarsij Tripathi, Malay Kumar and Arun Chauhan
10. Multi-user Detection in Uplink Grant-Free NOMA with Dynamic Random Access using Sinusoidal Sequences
Shah Mahdi Hasan, Kaushik Mahata and Md Mashud Hyder
11. 5G enabled IoT: Applications and case studies
Mangal Singh, Shruti Goel,Ram Kishan Dewangan
12. Hands-On Practicing Tools on 5G and IoT
Rohan Sharma, Milind Raj, Varun Mishra
Parag Chatterjee is a researcher at the National Technological University (Universidad Tecnológica Nacional) in Buenos Aires, Argentina and an assistant professor at the Department of Biological Engineering, University of the Republic (Universidad de la República), Uruguay. He received his MSc in Computer Science in 2015 from University of Calcutta, and is currently working in the transdisciplinary areas of Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence applied to healthcare, especially in the domain of intelligent prediction and prevention of cardiometabolic diseases. He is a member of editorial and reviewer boards of 20+ international journals and conferences, and has delivered talks and keynotes in several international conferences and events, including ExpoInternet LatinoAmérica, IoT Week Geneva and TEDx.
Robin Singh Bhadoria is currently working as an associate professor with the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Birla Institute of Applied Sciences - Bhimtal, Uttarakhand, India. He has received his PhD degree in Computer Science & Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India in 2018. He also received the degrees Master of Technology and Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering from Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya Bhopal, India, securing the University Gold Medal in 2011. He is a professional member of IEEE (USA), Internet Society, Institution of Engineers Kolkata, and has edited more than seven books published by international publishers including CRC Press (Taylor & Francis), Springer and IGI Global. He has published 40+ articles in reputed international journals and presented more than 21 peer-reviewed papers in international conferences, including presentations at Italy, Russia and Serbia, and is currently working in the domain of Internet of Things.
Yadunath Pathak is an assistant professor at the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Bhopal, India. He has received his PhD and Master of Technology degrees from ABV Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management (IIITM) Gwalior, India. He has also completed his Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) in the discipline of Information Technology from RGPV Bhopal, India in 2009. He has authored 30+ articles for international journals and conferences and is currently working in the domain of machine learning and data analytics.